Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fun (albeit fattening) New Hobby

I have really enjoyed experimenting with cupcakes the past few months. I started by making a simple, boxed cupcake mix and focusing on decorating them really well with ideas from Hello Cupcake! (http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Cupcake-Irresistibly-Playful-Creations/dp/0618829253) Here are a couple creations I made:

These were my first, and favorite to date! Sunflowers with Oreo cookie centers and red M&M ladybugs :)

This was a stab at a summertime, beach theme - with school of Swedish fish and donut life-preservers. 
So after a few attempts at fun decorating, I decided to try a from-scratch cupcake recipe. This is AMAZING! If you like cannoli, you must try this recipe from the Food Network [warning: only bake these cupcakes if a.) you have a lot of will power, b.) you have been exercising lately, or c.) you like great cupcakes and don't care how many you eat ;) ]



Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cupcake on the Food Network

Let me know if you try them and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment